TERMS & CONDITIONS: MAHALA LOYALTY PROGRAMME
The Loyalty Programme is powered by The Mahala Loyalty Programme (PTY) Ltd, Registration no: 2001/030145/07. Mahala is an authorised financial services provider: FSP Number: 21961. For more information, phone 0860 MAHALA (62 42 52) or 084 196 FREE (3733). Mahala Loyalty Programme is herein referred to as “MLP”.
The following terms and conditions are applicable regarding your loyalty membership:
1) Mahala Membership
- a) Anyone can, upon application in the prescribed format, provided that the individual is 18 years or older, become a member of MLP.
- b) MLP has the right to accept or refuse membership at its sole discretion.
- c) The MLP is open only to individuals of 18 years or older, who can form legally binding contracts. No legal entities may become members.
- d) As soon as we have received and processed your membership successfully, we will deliver your MLP membership information to the specified delivery address on your application form or which was provided to MLP on your behalf and with your full consent and knowledge by the Distribution Agent and/or MLP.
- e) Your details will be entered into our MLP database and utilized by Mahala and its appointed Partners/Retailers to maximize your benefit derived from participation in the MLP.
- f) When you enter into this membership you will be giving us your personal information that may be protected by data protections legislation, including but not only, the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 ("POPI"). We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. When applying for the Product and/or MLP membership, you will be given the option to receive marketing communication from 3rd Party Partner / Retailers and/or MLP.
- h) The member’s membership can only be used at participating MLP Partners/Retailers, and cannot be used as a credit or debit card.
- i) The card is not transferable. You can only register in one name and have one membership.
- j) MLP reserves the right to discontinue the membership of any member who uses the Programme in a manner inconsistent with these terms and conditions or any laws.
- k) MLP failure to enforce any of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other condition.
- l) These terms and conditions are governed by and interpreted under the laws of South Africa.
- m) Mahala has personal indemnity & fidelity insurance to the value of R1 000 000 under policy number K/FIN/11/0693
- n) In the event of the member status moving to inactive or unpaid, MLP will notify the member via SMS and the monthly MLP administration fee will be debited to their points account until such time as their point balance reaches zero. In this period the member may utilize their points in the normal fashion. Once the inactive / unpaid member’s point balance reaches zero, the member’s membership will be terminated from the programme automatically.
2) Points/Points Accrual, Conversion & Redemption
- a) You will be rewarded with a point for approximately every R10 you spend however, points accumulation remains subject to each partner’s rebate system & community programme structure.
- b) Earnings under the MLP are not transferable, cannot be ceded or assignable for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, the death of a member.
- c) If you have reached a total amount of 1000 points you can redeem / trade your points by phoning the MLP contact centre @ 084 196 (FREE) 3733 or redeeming your points through the mobile platform.
- d) In the event that a transaction that earns points for the member is reversed, the members' account will be debited with the points earned.
- e) Points accrued have no value outside of the MLP.
- f) A maximum of 5 transactions are allowed at one (1) retailer within 24-hour period.
- g) Points transactions above R20 000 may need to be verified by MLP.
- h) MLP administrates the programme and the retailer provides and is responsible for the rebate/discount. Mahala assumes no liability in the event of the retailer not making payment for the rebate they provide. MLP will notify you via SMS and the unpaid points will be reversed accordingly.
3) Use of the Mahala Loyalty Card & MLP Benefit
- a) Present your MLP membership card / voucher at listed MLP Points Partners/Retailers at the pay point every time you make a purchase to earn points for a transaction or follow the instructions on the mobile platform.
- b) Failure to present your membership card / voucher during the transaction will inevitably result failure to earn the points for the transaction because the points cannot be recorded and therefore points cannot be given. Each point is worth R0.10 (10 cents).
- c) Some Points Partners/Retailers require registration through the Mahala Call Centre. These Partners/Retailers are listed specifically on the Mahala website or a list of these can be obtained by calling the Mahala Call Centre. No points accumulation can be claimed if not registered through the Mahala Call Centre.
- d) Points cannot be claimed retrospectively.
- e) MLP can only report on the discounts that the member recorded on the discount voucher displayed through the MLP mobile platform.
4) MLP Partner Network
- a) MLP may add or remove Loyalty Partners/Retailers from the MLP at any time, the updated list will always be available on the mobile voucher platform or on the MLP web site and /or can be obtained through the MLP Call Centre.
- b) In the event that a Loyalty Partner is removed from the MLP, the member will retain any/all Points earned at the partner prior to such removal becoming effective.
- e) MLP points and discounts from participating Partners/Retailers are not redeemable for cash.
- f) Discounts are subject to each partner’s terms and conditions as published on the MLP website and mobile platform.
- g) The MLP is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information recorded or provided by any third party to the service offering.
- h) The MLP shall not be responsible for any failure of services for any cause beyond the control of MLP.